- .IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING CURRENT ENTRIES TO THE GLOUCESTERSHIRE CC LEAGUE:- Discounted entries closed on on 31/09/15. The entry form for use on the day of the next 4 Gloucestershire CC League race can be downloaded and used to enter each race on the day. There are no limits to the number of runners in the race but please register at least half an hour before the race is due to start.
The 2015 Glos. AAA Annual General Meeting |
Will take place at 8.00 pm on Friday 6th November 2015 at the Gala Club, Fairmile Gardens, Tewkesbury Road, Gloucester.
The AGM warning notice has been emailed out to County representatives for your information.
If you have any nominations for the Association’s Athletic Achievement award then please let me have the details at your convenience.
We are also looking for a track and field secretary/team manager so if you know of anyone who would be willing to fill that post then please let me know.
Anyone interested in the post who would like further information on what is involved should be advised to contact me.
Thank you and hope to see many of you at the AGM.
See also the next item below for date (in 2016) of the annual County Awards Presentation evening.
- For your diary: The 2016 date for the annual County Achievement & Road Running Awards presentation evening will be on 15 January at Gloucester.
- For your diary: The dates for the 2015 meetings of the County Executive are as follows. They will be January 23, March 13, June 5 and September 4 (all Fridays).
The AGM date will be Friday 6 November 2015. All meetings start at 8.00pm at the Gala Club, Fairmile Gardens off the Tewkesbury Road in Gloucester.
- Initial results of Severn CC relays races Sat 26/9/15 including the GAAA Champs here
Can you please help track down some “missing” starting blocks ?
If you were an athlete who competed at the third Cheltenham Harriers Midsummer Open on 15 July 2015 we would like to ask you if you mistakenly have taken away Dan Trueman’s (Stroud & District AC) starting blocks from the meeting. They also have “Helen Hanstock” written on them as their original owner.
If you know anything about the matter or have these blocks then please contact Dan’s mum (email firstname.lastname@example.org) direct OR this webmaster (email@example.com) ASAP.
- 2 batches of Glos. AAA photos have been recently added to Flickr for your viewing. They are from the annual awards evening in Gloucester on January 16 and from the CAU Inter-Counties Cross Country at Cofton Park on March 7th 2015. Please enjoy and thank you from the Glos AAA to Lyn & Steve Hudson and to Christina See for providing the pictures. The link is here and choose the "Glos. AAA pictures" set and browse to the end of the set to see them.
- A number of archive County cross country results from the early 1970s have been recently placed on the Results table for anyone interested in the history of the County's cross country past.
- Updated results from the Severn AC and County Road Relay Championships run from Elmore, Glos. Sat 01 March 2014.
3 Stage relays 4 Stage relays Order of leg times
- View the Glos. County Track and Field Championship records updated to 2013 here
- SAFEGUARDING: – All Club Coaches, Officials and Volunteers wishing to obtain a DBS (formerly CRB) check should contact UK Athletics Welfare Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a form. Your DBS check needs updating every three years. If you still have any queries relating to your DBS check please contact Albert Gardiner using the details below:
Education/Officials: Albert Gardiner email: Albert_Gardiner@hotmail.co.uk Phone: 07837874 936
- Some more archive Glos CC league results from 1998/1999/2001 have been added to the Results table.
|New feature: athletics competitions happening in the County over the next two months.
N.B. * Entry numbers to Severn AC's events at the White Horse, Sandhurst are limited because of a lack of overall parking spaces. Please book early to enter these races.
|Sat 10 Oct 2015
||Glos. Cross Country league fixture 1 of 4 at Cotswold Farm Park, Guiting Power, Glos
|Sun 25 Oct 2015
||Stroud Half Marathon, Stroud, Glos.
|Sat 31 Oct 2015
||Glos. Cross Country league fixture 2 of 4 at Malvern
|Sun 01 Nov 2015
||Tewkesbury 5M, Tewkesbury, Glos.
|Sat 12 Dec 2015
||Glos. Cross Country league fixture 3 of 4 at Blackbridge, Gloucester
|Sun 27 Dec 2015
||Severn 4M Christmas Race, Elmore Village Hall, Glos.
Other useful Athletics weblinks are presented below:
- Blackbridge Jubilee Athletics Track, Gloucester
- Glos. Schools Athletics Association
- Midland Counties Athletics Association
- AAA of England / England Athletics
- English Cross country Association
- UK Athletics
- South West Athletics
Website Copyright Dave McNamee.
Back to top