- The County's warmest congratulations go to Scott Jones of Cheltenham Harriers who was voted recipient of the Gloucestershire's Athletic Achievement award for 2013.
- The County Cross Country Championships take place at Crypt School, Gloucester on Saturday 4 January 2014. The Cross Country page already shows a map of the courses and a copy of the entry form can be obtained HERE .
Mick Morris, the County Secretary, says I would be grateful if you would publicise this within your clubs and encourage your athletes to compete.
If any club has athletes who are not able to compete but who would still like to be considered for the County teams to the Inter-Counties Cross-Country Championships at Cofton Park, Birmingham on Saturday 8th March 2014, then please either let me know or ask the athlete to let me know.
I will need details of their recent cross-country results (especially against other County athletes in their age group) to assist us in our selection deliberations.
It is important that any athletes competing in the Cross Challenge series compete in our Champs or let me know they wish to do the Inter-Counties Champs as if we do not enter them in our team they will not be able to run.
As the Inter-Counties is the final race in the Challenge series it would be a shame for them to miss out if they are doing well.
Thanks for your help with this. I will also be sending forms out to some of the athletes that I have details for so hopefully that will ensure everyone has the best chance possible of taking part.
Hon Sec Gloucestershire AAA.
- Friday 10 January 2014 is the date of the presentation evening for the County's annual road running series and Athletic Achievement awards. The venue is the Civil Suite, Glos. Council Buildings, Gloucester Docks. More information on this later.
- The dates for the 2014 meetings of the County Executive have been announced. They are January 24, March 14, June 6 and August 8. The AGM date will be 7 November 2014. All meetings start at 8.00pm at the Gala Club, Fairmile Gardens off the Tewkesbury Road in Gloucester.
- Gloucestershire Cross Country league 2013/2014 - Please have a look at the latest series standings so far : here
both the Cheltenham fixture results and the Series standings have been recently amended (8/11/14)
- View the Glos. County Track and Field Championship records updated for 2013 here
- N.B. All officials, volunteers etc wishing to undertake a CRB check should contact the CRB Department directly
or contact the following to request a form. Our County contact for matters relating to CRBs is Albert Gardiner, GAAA Education
(Welfare) Representative on 01452 536 131 or email: Albert_Gardiner@hotmail.co.uk
|New feature: athletics competitions happening in the County over the next few months..
|Sun 27 Oct
||Stroud Half marathon & Silver Mile, Stroud
|Sat 02 Nov
||Glos Cross-Country League 2, Cheltenham
|Sun 03 Nov
|Sun 17 Nov
||Runway 10K, Staverton, Glos.
|Sat 14 Dec
||Glos Cross-Country League 3, Malvern
|Sun 15 Dec
||Christmas Tree race, Sling, Forest of Dean
|Fri 27 Dec
||Severn AC Christmas run
Other useful Athletics weblinks are presented below:
- Blackbridge Jubilee Athletics Track, Gloucester
- Glos. Schools Athletics Association
- Midland Counties Athletics Association
- AAA of England / England Athletics
- English Cross country Association
- UK Athletics
- South West Athletics
Website Copyright Dave McNamee.
Back to top